Re: (TV) Under the Covers

Dancing Hoods did a cover of "She May Call You Up Tonight". Nice version, too. Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse was in that band.

From: Jesse Hochstadt <Jesse_Hochstadt@brown.edu>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Under the Covers
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:10:36 -0400

Michael wrote:

Alone Again Or" and "She May Call You up Tonight" are
also featured, and that's what sold me - how many people (besides Lenny
Kaye) are going to cover a Left Banke song?

If I had to guess, in these "everything old is new again" days, plenty. But to cite an older example, Richard Thompson has covered "She May Call You Up Tonight" on numerous occasions; it's recorded as a duet with son Teddy on the now apparently out-of-print (and excellent) live CD "Celtschmerz."

- Jesse