Re: (TV) butterfield blues band

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay" <piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com>
To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 2:15 PM
Subject: (TV) butterfield blues band

the song east-west anticipates the sound of the studio
version of mm

I'm sure no one here has ever entered the world of unofficial recordings, but if anyone has, Mike Bloomfield did a live version of "Work Song" in 74 where his playing reminded me of Verlaine at points. (Ok, it's an anacronism when I say it like that. When I heard the recording of the show last year, it reminded me of Verlaine.) That version of Work Song is actually some of the best electric guitar soloing I've heard. He mixes up blues, jazz andpsychedelia without watering down any of it, even throwing in a bit of noise. (and SF styled blues based psychedelic guitar solos don't usually do much for me. Bloomfield is pretty much it as far as I'm concerned.) --------------