Re: (TV) new dylan today

In message <20060829210157.16005.qmail@web54310.mail.yahoo.com>, robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> writes
have just started listening. musically continues in the vein of his last album -- deep in traditional american forms. his voice -- it almost hurts to listen. i'm amazed he got an album recorded, much less the forever touring. but he makes it work.

Yeah, planned to get it today but Tania surprised me by producing it and putting it on just as we were going to bed, so I've only heard it once but was struck by how great his voice sounds. When we first heard Time Out Of Mind we were stunned by this new Dylan voice, and now he's got another one which sounds like some bizarre hybrid of Willie Nelson and Bing Crosby. Excellent!

An impression of country blues and the British traditional influences that came out on Good As I Been To You. Tania said, "I love the fact that Bob Dylan sounds like he's growing old disgracefully and singing in a cocktail lounge". Perfect.

What I really remember from the first listen is Workingman's Blues #2.
I suddenly realised that I've been listening to new Dylan albums for 40 years. Oh Mercy.