Re: (TV) Richard Lloyd Interview - Chart Attack

In message <44F69A3A.5080800@madasafish.com>, Graham Urquhart <gurquhart@madasafish.com> writes
Interview (of sorts) with Richard

"ChartAttack: Where would you say that Television fits in the musical spectrum, and has it changed in the past 30 years? Richard Lloyd: Ultraviolet, infrared. There are 40 octaves of radiation, of which light is only one. Way down below is the auditory spectrum, and way below that is heat, and way below that is absolute zero. So all we have are these three little windows. All we get are seven at the top and seven in the middle and then heat. Very musical answer, Richard."

This is the perfect answer to such a question.

"Why did Television break up from 1978 to 1992 and then from 1993 until recently? We follow the Thoreau cycle, the solar eclipse cycle. The Thoreau cycle is an 18-year cycle and the sun spot cycle is 11 years, and we have this sort of timetable that we work on that's a conglomeration of that where we use a slide rule to decide when to play and to talk about making a new record."

This is even better.