Re: (TV) now this is really dreadful.

On 9/29/06, grntg <grntg@yahoo.com> wrote:

> All this negativity towards the video, obviously you
> people don't get it.  He got into the car, THEN HE GOT
> OUT AGAIN.  Think people - MARQUEE MOON.  It's these
> symbolic references that make a blase art into a great
> art, kind of like the Grapes of Wrath.

Actually, that aspect of it was kinda cool-- the whole "nothing happens"
thing.  The "Bastards of Young" video by the Replacements is one of my
favorites in that mold.  But this one lost me at the photo-in-the-fire
moment.  It's so first-semester-film-school... believe me, I was there...
they make you start off with silent films and everyone, in order to show
that someone is sad or distressed or whatever chooses to have a shot of them
look at a photo of whatever or whomever is upsetting them, and then turn it
facedown, smash it, burn it, whatever.  Nowadays this phenomenon is most
commonly observed in karaoke videos.

Never saw "Captain Ron" but it was the mysterious obsession of an
ex-girlfriend of mine.

-Rex