(TV) music-malaise disease

---- stephen wrote:  ....- and I'd been previously suffering from the same kind of music-malaise disease described here by others.

I wish I could be cured. I have been devouring questionably acquired downloads of ANY  multi-band sampler/tribute discs I can get, checking all the links posted here, checking out whatever my sons are listening to, scanning MGhtz rock videos (MGhtz is a really low-rent music channel available here,  sometimes),  banging up the newsgroups by searching Amazon and/or Pitchfork for names I never heard, and downloading the band if there is ANY promise what-so-ever...

Man, it's been bad. My old heros fail me, all the new stuff is crappy and derivative...
I did discover the BellRays, however, who I actually love, I think.
also, I have been digging deeper and deeper into the vaults for those obscure one-hit 60's psyche bands from the midwest, texas, southwest  -    that has been pretty cool.

I guess I have hit bottom, however. Time to get serious again on my own music, and get back to writing.

and Newsom, however different, just doesn't cut it.

that's all,      thanks
   - Herman