Re: (TV) Met Patti Smith Tues. Nite / Meeting Music-Gods / Foot-in-mouth Disease?

f, g, and maybe a little h. I feel your pain, man. I get star struck around
celebrities especially ones I respect greatly. My ego wants some sort of
acknowledgment, too, from them, that I "coulda been a contender" or some
such bs. It's best just for me  to stay out of the way of famous people.
Usually it's a let down. I once met Harvey Pekar, got his autograph. Same
with Country Joe McDonald. Signed my copy of 'Electric Music for the Mind
and Body'. Nice fellas. Yours' is a great story, btw.
- Russ

On 2/22/07, Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

> This post is on-topic as it touches on an individual by the
>
> name of Fred Smith.
>

> Does anyone have any stories about meeting a musical
>
> hero (or other type of celebrity)---whether it was a good
>
> or bad experience---which they would share?

.  As I was driving home I