Re: (TV) First recorded Television moment

I heard about Television before I heard any of their records. I  believe I
read about them in Rollingstone first ( I think they compared Verlaine's
playing to Neil Young so I took immediate notice), then I read about them in
Pete Frames "Rock and Roll Family Trees" where the possibly apocryphal story
of their break-up was related, where Verlaine supposedly  stated that
Television broke up on a full moon, just like Moby Grape.(I already liked
Moby Grape)I was hooked at that point. I had to hear this band. So I bought
"Adventure" and heard "The Fire" .The rest is history. This was all in 1979.
I was still in high school. Somewhat later I got Marquee Moon. I think
coming to Television by way of Adventure is sort of interesting - it's a
very left handed experience.
- Russ