(TV) ot: old women score

as opposed to the old men we usually talk about.

two cds that are making me really happy -- "dangerous
game" by mary weiss, and "moonswept" by the roches.

weiss sang lead with the shangri-las, late beloved of
the new york dolls et al ("great big kiss" was a
shangri-las song -- "he's good bad but he ain't
evil").  she's put out a very cool solo album,
old-style rock and roll; joey ramone woulda loved it.

came across the new roches by accident, had no idea
they were recording again.  if you like the roches,
you'll love it.  they've done a great job, still
coming up with great turns of phrase, humor, and
harmony.  worth the price of the cd just for the song
title "jesus shaves."

and just like the kids, they're both at myspace:
www.myspace.com/maryweiss
www.myspace.com/theroches