RE: (TV) This Film Is Not Yet Rated

"NC-17," since we poor sheep can't be trusted to make up our own minds.

Mike,

I used to feel the same way when they started rating music albums and then
video/computer games.

But imagine the shock and outrage when Ozzie and Harriet took those cute
little Nelson boys down to the local bijou in the Sixties and boobies and
curse words and ultra violence started appearing in their nice little family
Westerns and Hitchcock movies.

Goodness! Middle America just didn't know what to do.  Chances are they just
might stop going to movies all together.

In hindsight, MPAA turned out to be a pretty good compromise.

Now that I'm a parent, I respect and appreciate the right of other parents
to have ratings for music and video/computer games as a tool in their
purchases.  I don't use them, but I respect the right for consumers to have
them.

No, this is not an April Fools trick, though knowing me it could be.

Scott, NYC