RE: (TV) This Film Is Not Yet Rated

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Simpson
 Now that I'm a parent, I respect and appreciate the right of other parents
to have ratings for music and video/computer games as a tool in their
purchases.  I don't use them, but I respect the right for consumers to have
them.

While I can see your point that parents might need some advance warning as
to the content of a movie, album or television show, my major beef with them
is they seem to allow a parent to abdicate their responsibility to research,
think, and perhaps discuss things with their children.  When you see "This
Film is Not Yet Rated," you may have to rethink your (or anyone's) reliance
on these ratings, given the biases that drive the MPAA.  Anyway, I've always
found the New York Times' ratings descriptions much more useful, such as
this one for "Black Snake Moan":  "Rated R - Nymphomaniac chained to
radiator."