(TV) OT -- myspace videos -- something for the weekend

Actually, "Something for the Weekend" is a great song by The Divine Comedy.

Now to the Cocteau Twins: Must admit I never bought any of their albums, but I
think I should. Anyone else bewitched by stuff like this:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=11173619
60

I heard the song before but I don't know what it's called. There are some
other really nice vids there, including one of them doing the Tim Buckley song
"Song of the Siren".

Talking of which... Tim Buckley did "Sally Go Round The Roses"; it's available
here: www.rhino.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=76722 There's a little
sound-clip (nice!).

I remembered that song from Pentangle's 1968 recording. Pentangle included
Danny Thompson who's been playing with Richard Thompson recently.

Anyway, on myspace vids there's some great stuff by David Sylvian. The most
recent: "Linoleum" by Tweaker -- I think I'll have to get that album.

And is it not correct to describe Japan in 1980 as awesome? Here they have
emerged from the Bowie shadow, if not completely from the influence. Like
Bowie they were able to break new ground with brilliance. The song is "Swing":
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=20110035
18 or
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16771856
69

This is a sublime moment from Japan's reincarnation as Rain Tree Crow:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16776557
87

But I think this is perhaps the greatest song ever by any British
singer-songwriter -- the voice, the piano... Kate performing live:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=13089842
55
Here, with better quality, is the recorded version, though the
over-dramatization of the video detracts slightly from it IMO:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=20124052
82

--JoeT