Re: (TV) Richard Lloyd review

From popmatters.com:

http://tinyurl.com/2whobz

Very nice, except for the extraordinarily wrong-headed put-down of Tom Verlaine: "Verlaine's post-Television solo career has been a series of turgid, impenetrable outings that only rock critics could love to prove that they "get it" ("it" being supposedly avant-garde music)."

Which reminds me: I missed the exact date... "It was twenty years ago today" that one of the greatest rock albums was released. Yes, Flash Light.

This fascinating, or, if you wish, turgid, impenetrable interview was in February 1987:
www.marquee.demon.co.uk/sounds87.htm

--JoeT