Re: (TV) Richard-his letter and the hoboken arts and music festival today

In message <c73.12d03ad9.336f2803@aol.com>, Blumetakt@aol.com writes
I never bought the Field of Fire re-issue. When I head about the re-issue the vinyl came out but I felt it sounded dated. Is it worth the dough to pick it up?

Yes, it's two discs - one the original remastered for CD and the second an alternate/re-visited version. As Richard says:

"Why have I revisited this record and re-recorded vocals and arrangements and remixed it? These are legitimate questions and deserve an answer. For one thing, Stephen was doing a lot of mixing in those days, a sort of Euro disco rock. As a result, the mixes of Field of Fire have a certain "80s" sound quality - gated reverbs on the drums, super loud artificial snare smacks; poky and clicky bass drums, and choruses and reverbs behind some of the guitars. There might not be anything wrong with that. but I wanted to regain some of the naked skin of the original recordings. Anytime I watch a commercial for a hair product, I usually prefer the before pictures than the superfine fake after pictures. I like some nitty in my gritty Then there was the issue of the vocals, which were purposely "pushed," sometimes shouted. Since I got the rights to the recordings back, it seemed like a good time to smooth out the vocal performances as well as add background vocals. So that's what I did, and as I opened each new song for review, I look for ways to make it more interesting either as an alternative version, or as an improvement, or just for my own artistic license."

http://www.richardlloyd.com/fofdelux.htm