To: <tv@obbard.com>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: (TV) Richard-his letter and the hoboken arts and music festival today

Per is right - I for one think the re-imagined one is very patchy, sound-wise and in its execution - the re-done "Field of Fire" song itself is *awful*, it sounds like it is getting played by a tortoise. Very disappointing. There is no passion or energy to it. But some of the other songs sound ok, and others should have been left alone, no matter what you think about it sounding "80's". It's an 80's record...

Personally I didn't dig the record that much on vinyl either, but I have to say that I think "Real Time" (the live album) features the best versions of "Pleading" and "Field of Fire", as well as others. The solo in "Field of Fire" is the one I always play to people who doubt Richard's abilities or have never heard him and need to be enlightened.

And "Call Mr Lee", obviously.

And maybe "Torn Shirt".

And possibly "See no Evil".

Going to stop now. Looking forward to whatever Richard does in the future. Not sure about the chanting though.

(Saw Television at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh - can't afford the trip to NY. Gutted.)