Re: (TV) Marquee Moon study group seeking help with Marquee Moon solo.

In message <20070518211127.56EC4758066@smtpauth00.csee.onr.siteprotect.com>, tom <thomas@bigdayphoto.com> writes
From what I've read and from discussion on this list, that
rhythm line was actually inspired by the horn lines in  James
Brown's 'I feel Good'.

!!!!!

I've been blinded by the light bulb above my head.

"Interestingly, Verlaine reveals some unexpected roots for other guitar bits on the album. While the stuttering riffs on 'Marquee Moon' may seem wholly original, Tom claims it was reggae rhythms inverted with a guitar version of the horn part of James Brown's 'I Feel Good' layered on top."

- International Musician and Recording World, September 1980