(TV) OT -- Yellow Magic Orchestra 1979

I had only the vaguest idea about these guys until today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GznecDBMPFk
I knew they had to be good because I know a bit about Sakamoto, but I'm
astonished that they were doing performances like that in the States in
1979...

Includes some tasty guitar-work, though I think it's true to say that every
bit of it is tasty.

And something else, very revealing about their equipment and stage set-up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPkBd7k6Kng&NR

There seems to be a vast amount of stuff like that on youtube.

Gotta love videos like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYFwmr-rALo&NR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbvbb_yCKUI

It's also amazing to think that Sakamoto, at around that time, was
collaborating with Japan (Sylvian & co) as they rose to a whole new level.

--JoeT