Re: The Dream's Dream / Arty Lyrics a Put-off? / RE: (TV) Anyone else hear a lot of Television in this?

""It's based on a melody that Fred and I did. It was the last song we cut on the record. We rehearsed it on Sunday and recorded it on Monday. The strange sliding instrument is an upright bass; the crashing sound at the end is a gong being dropped in a tub of water. The song was developed in the studio. It only has eight lines. It didn't seem to need a lot of lyrics, just the right ones."

Verlaine - Elektra News, '78