The Dream's Dream / Arty Lyrics a Put-off? / RE: (TV) Anyone else hear a lot of Television in this?

Regarding Joe Thornton's
> Here's a blogger who was also puzzled by those lyrics....

"Mr. Verlaine's  lyrics generally don't come across with any clarity in
concert, and that was the case on Sunday. On record, with a lyric sheet,
they're clear, and have put off some people with their artiness. This writer
finds them a true reflection of Mr. Verlaine's character and interesting in
themselves, but there can be no question that the band's rewards are
primarily musical"
http://www.marquee.demon.co.uk/nytime78.htm
'Television Rocks Around Two Guitars'
New York Times, late 1978 by John Rockwell

Joe Tornton wrote:
http://theundergroundpress.blogspot.com/2007/07/random-album-review-4-advent
ure-follow.html

>" It was originally an instrumental dubbed Cairo and was supposedly
>supposed to recreate the feeling a Westerner would have had 100 years ago
>walking around Cairo. That's exactly right. What an odd concept, but its
>great. The song has a very sort of mid-east jammy feel to it - to the ears
>of a Westerner no less"

I already knew about the 'Cairo' title since Howard owns the acetate of
'Adventure', but regarding the idea that ['The Dream's Dream']
>was supposedly supposed to recreate the feeling a Westerner would have had
>100 years ago walking around Cairo ..

This makes perfect sense, but I have never seen any reference to this 'idea'
in any TV interviews or reviews.  Anyone know the source?

Here's a blogger who was also puzzled by those lyrics:
http://theundergroundpress.blogspot.com/2007/07/random-album-review-4-advent
ure-follow.html

--JoeT