Re: (TV) Q on Burning DVD with .mov file extension

Leo,

First off, I am terribly flattered that you are going through the trouble :)

I use RAD Tools (freeware) to convert Quicktime MOV files to Windows
AVI format, which can then be used by my DVD software.  It's slow, but
the price is right.  For best quality, I use the "uncompressed AVI"
output format, and then delete the output file (which is generally
huge) after I'm done burning it to DVD.

http://www.topdrawerdownloads.com/download/104350

No doubt there are more efficient ways to do this on the cheap;  if
you find a better way please let me know.

(Aside:  Somewhere out there, I am hoping there is a really simple
program for compiling a bunch of videos onto a DVD with the
convenience we've come to expect from similar programs for audio, but
with these critical convenience features:
1) transparent support for all major video formats (I hate converting files)
2) simple editable default menu based on file names (I hate creating menus)
3) automatic chapter placement every n seconds, where n is specified.
(I hate creating chapters)
4) free (I'm poor).

If anyone's stumbled upon such a beast please let me know...)

-A