Re: (TV) Television - Dublin 15 June 2002

"...The Tom/Billy/Fred lineup begs some other identification than just
"band", and Rip is there to be an integral guitar foil (as in, it's
not supposed to be just Tom on guitar, or just Tom with a faceless
rhythm player-- it's a twin-guitar situation).  Television is as good
a name as any..."

Totally agree.  Not to discount Lloyd's critical (and hugely
appreciated) role over the years in defining the band's sound, it
would seem that last summer's Central Park show amply demonstrated the
viability of a Lloyd-less Television. Granted, it won't be the same as
Verlaine / Lloyd, but Verlaine / Rip is certainly not nothing,
especially with Ficca and Smith.

"...have them co-headline with Rocket From The Tombs, so we'll get
Richard, too."

::drool:: My god, would that be a great show or what?

Besides that little bit on Mr. Rip's blog, I've heard zilch regarding
a new Television album, let alone a tour.  Any more hints of activity
on these fronts?

-A