(TV) TV "newies" comp

Hi Gang,

just in case I wasn't 100% clear:

the "Call Mr. Lloyd" comp (to which I posted links 2 days ago)
is not meant as a comparison of Richard Lloyd & Jimmy Rip within the band of
Television.

the comp was intended as a celebration of what Richard Lloyd brought to the
equation;
one fan's souvenir of his contribution to those new songs and as a sonic
statement of the band during that time period in various live settings.  It
would be great if recordings of the new songs done with Lloyd are included
on the upcoming album....but if not, the comp will hopefully serve as a
reminder of the songs' genesis in a live up until the album.

I think Jimmy Rip is ace and love not only his playing on Verlaine's solo
albums (and concerts) but also really dig his solo album.

its apples and oranges, folks.....and frankly any comparison is of no
interest to me.

thanks for listening.

Steve