Re: (TV) Call Mr Lloyd

By the way -

thank you very, very much for this!

Heath

In a message dated 3/11/2008 9:13:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
earcandy_archive@comcast.net writes:

It was 7  years ago that I first heard Tom Verlaine say:
"This here's a newie....goes  like this"

And now that an album may be nearing completion (according  to Jimmy Rips
recent blog posting), perhaps some of those newies have  made their way to
the studio.

Now, I'm one of those fans that feels  Television just isn't Television
without Richard Lloyd.  But Ill  certainly buy the album, and no doubt
thoroughly enjoy it, even while  thinking of it as a Tom Verlaine Band solo
album.

However, I thought  it worthwhile to compile the better sounding versions of
the new songs as  they've been played over the last few years, as a way to
enjoy the songs  with Lloyd's interaction. No telling, of course,  if any or
all of  these songs even made into the studio along with Mr Rip.  I have  my
doubts that "Swell" would be included, for instance....as it always  seemed
like just a "tune-up" song in concert before segueing into "1880 or  So".
I've also put on a few "jamming" tracks as bonus tracks, just for  grins.

Im asking fellow TV fans to help choose the track sequencing,  as they think
it should be if this was the real album.  Keep in mind  that these are
audience lo-fi tracks; there is audience talking, and  certainly wont be the
sonic pleasure that the album will be.  But, it  serves possibly as a
souvenir of how they sounded when Richard was still  involved.

Available as either a compressed rar file or a winzip file  (whichever is
your preference).  Unpack the files using winrar or  winzip  respectively.

http://rapidshare.com/files/98857388/tv_newies_comp_mp3s.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/98855236/tv_newies_comp_mp3s.zip

(just  choose the free download, rather than premium and then you have to
wait  a few seconds before you can download).

"Call Mr. Lloyd"

01 The  Sea (London 2002-06-19)
02 Balloon (Washington DC 2003-03-24)
03 Rise  & Fall ( London 2005-06-21)
(called "Kinks Song" on setlist included  with recording)
04 Persia (London 2004-06-23)
05 I Could Sleep All Day  ("Squaggle") (Washington DC 2003-03-24)
06 Stax (Hamburg 2004-06-18)
07  Frustration (London 2005-06-21) called "Shirley Song" on setlist)
08 Flower  Spasm (London 2005-06-21

bonus trax:
09 Stockhausen Pysche Jam  (London 2004-06-23)
10 Swells (San Francisco GAMH 2002-07-22)
11 Bowie  Medley (London 2002-06-18)
(an imrove with Verlaine singing snippets of  Bowie lyrics/song titles, for
Bowie hosted Meltdown)
12. Love Theme From  Piranha (London 2002-06-18)
(a jam played while drums were being  fixed...this is what Verlaine calls it
at the end of this brief  improv)
13. "Hits On TV" (London 2002-06-19) (a medley of TV  son