Re: (TV) Completely off-topic

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 10:20 PM, mark <mark1968@ptd.net> wrote:

> my bloody valentine?  Theyre good??

Don't confuse them with the recent spate of "My Adjective Noun" bands like
My Chemical Romance.  Very different beasts.

I just recently read about some new-ish band with big money behind them
called "Bullet for My Valentine".  I say they should've gone all the way and
just called themselves "The Jesus and Mary Chair".

>  "Bloody nonsense. My Bloody Valentine were my comedy band. Ride were
> different - they were a rock band, really, a fantastic rock band - but My
> Bloody Valentine were a joke, my way of seeing how far I could push hype."
> Alan McGee, Creation records head honcho

It should be noted that McGee has a bit of an axe to grind against MBV for
many reasons, so that's just one side of a pissing match.  Ride were
amazing, though... too bad they went out with such a series of whimpers.

-Rex

-Rex