Re: (TV) The Minutemen (Television related)

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Micah <noahbrtn@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Or, you could blame "Under the Big Black Sun."
>
> Which is almost perfect to me.

Damn straight.

The person who said this "X doesn't sound punk" thing wasn't really familiar
enough with them to know the different phases of the band's evolution,
though... he was referring pretty much to the early stuff, your "Los
Angeles" and your "Johnny Hit and Run Paulene", etc.; I think his objection
was that it sounded more rockabilly than punk... but I can't explain it any
better than that since I totally disagreed with the guy.

Speaking of old schoolers, you all know a new Wire record is on the way,
right?  Bruce Gilbert has retired but is replaced on tour by Margaret
Fiedler, who was the singer/guitarist/songwriter/object of desire in Laika,
among other notable achievements.

-Rex