(TV) Berlin / Ersatz

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:22:20 +0100
> From: Keith Allison <keith@thewonder.co.uk>
> Subject: (TV) Berlin
>
> I just listened to Lou Reed's Berlin for the first  time ever
> (I know, I
> know...) and I never want to hear it again. Does that make me
> a bad person?

Probably has nothing to do with your morality.  I have to admit that when I
used to listen to Berlin -- in high school -- the end of it always scared
the hell out of me.  When the kids started saying "mommy mommy," it just
sounded incredibly chilling to me.

On the subject of Lou Reed -- has anyone been listening to Julien Dori's
first album "Ersatz"?  The melody on "Bouche Pute" is the same melody as in
"Femme Fatale," right?