Re: (TV) Berlin, JD, the Cap'n, and Larry

eRacerX wrote:

I play 'Trout Mask Replica' for people all the time - another all time favorite. Mind expanding. I am always hoping someone will like it as much as I do.

I do!

My two Beefheart stories:

The first time I saw Beefheart was at the Bickershaw Festival in 1972 (three days and nights of mud and rain). My friend Charlie was tripping and wandered backstage - as you do - and Beefheart and the Magic Band wandered by, spotted Charlie roaming around out of his head and CB said, "Hey you'd better come with us and we'll look after you" and took him up on stage and left him sitting safely there for the whole set (which, of course, was fabulous). A year or two later Charlie went to a Beefheart gig and Beefheart spotted him, said "Didn't we pick you up in the van in Germany?" and gave him a signed copy of Spotlight Kid.

The other story concerns Chris Butler who was in the studio recording with Tin Huey and Beefheart was in next door. They asked Beefheart if he'd play some harmonica on a track and he said to Chris, "Hey, I remember you - you had a beard!" They'd never met and Chris never had a beard.

Tom Verlaine? Weird? He's just a beginner...