Re: (TV) In search of the great American band

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 19:23:58 +0000
> Tom <blackmonk@msn.com> wrote:
> > I don't mean to be excessively harsh toward Ms. Harry, but she's not
> exactly
> > Grace Slick or Cass Elliot. Or even Joan Jett.
>
> Debbie Harry has even less of a vocal range than Natalie Merchant.

Yeah, but at least she doesn't have the Fake Accent of Unknown Origin, and
she has been known to write lyrics about topics beyond "(Insert Social
Injustice Here) Is Bad and Must Not Be Tolerated, Seriousy, Or Else I Will
Write More Awful Songs About It".

-Rex