Re: (TV) Top CDs of 2008

Micah wrote:
That original post was a tiny train wreck.
How is that Sonny Sharrock you're listening to?
As I've mentioned I am big fan of Last Exit, his "Ask the Ages" CD, and am also a big fan of the record Sharrock did with Nicky Skopelitis.

_Guitar_ is less jazz-based (the way I'd describe _Ask the Ages_) and more, um, "ambient" I'd say. At first I didn't dig it as much, but this morning it was exactly right, so it's a matter of mood and expectation. (I think initially I was expecting something noisier.) He's multitracked with some clean channels in addition to the distortion, an dsome themes from his other work appear in some of the lines of _Guitar_.

Which one's the Nicky Skopelitis one? Is that _Seize the Rainbow_? "My Song" from that one is an all-time fave. I could listen to that on repeat for quite a long time (and have)...though I sometimes I wonder if the drumming's a touch out of time in places.

--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/