re: (TV) four for four

SSimpson@nyc.rr.comwrites:
Who else has gone four for four, Heads?  Anyone  else?

Well, this will be an interesting thread...
define :  great

  IMHO:  Roxy Music. in fact, I'd go so far as to say 5 for 5 - because after that came 'Manifesto'.
But, it's all subjective.

I wonder if RM would have the same impact on someone today, listening for the first time.
  in 1974, I played 'For Your Pleasure' over and over and over and over...
  I guess my favorite before Roxy was T.Rex.
  I had the distinct pleasure of being a teenager in late 1970's NY.  You all know the scene. Would I have been as 'open' to everything else if I hadn't heard the Dolls, Patti, Wayne County, Heartbreakers, Suicide, et al....?
(what does it all mean?)
    - H.

just an on-topic sidebar: My friend Clay gave me one of my copy of MM back. He had it for months, and finally decided he needed his own copy. He never heard Television before last summer - until he heard them from me. He thinks it's 'interesting', well, at least enough to keep a copy. (it didn't have the same impact on him as a LJJ 45 did to me.

  meanwhile, there's
                 Little Blue Pill