Re: (TV) Lloyd panned

Since my remarks meant for Jay mistakenly wound up here, let me elucidate a
bit here. I have always supported Richard's right to do what he wants and
have always supported his creative instincts. I think the reviewer was
correct in some places - some people are going to find a show of Hendrix
covers not their cup of tea especially if that is not what they expected. I
do think in a more perfect world Lloyd and Verlaine should be working
together (along w/ Ficca and Smith ) . Television's "glory" years were
between 1975-1978 - a long long time ago. I don't blame Richard for wanting
to front his own band and play and sing some of his own songs. If Verlaine
had been a little more democratic about those things who knows, maybe Lloyd
and Verliane would still be playing together and moreover, maybe there would
be another monster "classic" hit other than Marquee Moon, perhaps penned by
Lloyd? ( "Ain't that nothing" comes close being that much of the guitar work
is Lloyds) .