Re: (TV) Heard ole Neil put us down

I don't think it's meant to be taken as a historical text. Hence the line,
"And I know she's living there, loves me to this day".

This line should have sounded the alarm bells to you that this song is a fantasy,
and not a literal interpretation of events. Goes without saying, surely?

"Cortez The Killer" is also Tom's favourite Neil Young song.

-- Glenn C.

But Cortez the Killer.  What fucking tripe!  Do they teach Mesoamerican
History in Canookland, or does Mr. Young just throw up shit while the tape
is running.