(TV) TV southerner? / Blasphemy

>Tom Verlaine is a southerner if you count Delaware.

Not to get technical, but is it the state one grew up in, or the state one was born in that
determines if one is a southerner?

If the latter TV is a northerner (born in NJ didn't move to Delaware until he was around 4).
But I'd say if pushed that he's more of a southerner.

Also: at the risk of creating a fire storm and tagged as  a philistine, IMHO, I think Young's
guitar playing is vastly over-rated.

He's been playing the same solo [albeit often colored with feedback or deliberate distortion]
for the last 40 years .

Neil fans, before you crucify me for blasphemy:  I am a big fan of his; I have over a dozen of
his LPs and cds. I've seen the film of his 1980s' live show (directed by Mr. X??).  Christ I've
even seen the movie Neil directed himself ...the one that came out about 2 years ago.

A feeble attempt to change the subject:  So Scott, how did a southern boy like you end up
living in the most northern city in the U.S.?

Regarding the Canada thing: I think we need our northern neighbors , Greg Grant and Eric V. to
weigh in.

Leo (aka Frank now in the witness protection program)