Re: (TV) TV southerner? / Blasphemy

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 5:57 AM, Leo Casey <LeoCasey@comcast.net> wrote:

> >Tom Verlaine is a southerner if you count Delaware.
>
> Not to get technical, but is it the state one grew up in, or the state one
> was born in that
> determines if one is a southerner?
>
> If the latter TV is a northerner (born in NJ didn't move to Delaware until
> he was around 4).
> But I'd say if pushed that he's more of a southerner.

Delaware isn't the South.  That's a fact.

> Also: at the risk of creating a fire storm and tagged as  a philistine,
> IMHO, I think Young's
> guitar playing is vastly over-rated.

But it's also much maligned by others.  Nobody (including Neil) puts him
forward as a superlative technical player.  It's not about that.  I could
expand on what it *is* about, but, really, you either already know/agree or
not already.

Neil's next album promises to suck it big time, if that's any consolation.