(TV) Bert and John and...

Jesse Hochstadt wrote:
I'd like to get more Jansch and Renbourn stuff if I knew where to start.

Bert - "Jack Orion"
Both - "Bert and John"
 I don't know June Tabor's or Norma Waterson's work well at all. And I still want to know more about the not-so-long-ago deceased Davy Graham (the British Sandy Bull?).

I'd say June Tabor is *the* interpreter of songs traditional and contemporary and a fabulous voice. We saw her live with Norma Waterson last year and she's frighteningly stunning. Try "Airs and Graces" or the more-recent "An Echo of Hooves". All Norma Watersons albums are great but I like her best unaccompanied with The Watersons. Martin Carthy (who is, of course, biased) called her "the best singer in the world" and she's not of course but when you're listening to her you could believe it.

Davy Graham's "All That Moody" (1976) is a great collection.