(TV) OT: Most distinctive guitar sound

Which guitarist or guitarists have the most distinctive (unusual, or
instantly recognizable) guitar sound. Such a list is never really complete,
there is always another guitarist I would add. I'm trying to limit it to no
more than six guitarists. Most distinctive sound is not equal to fastest,
slickest, best soloists, greatest guitarist of all time....I'm leaving Neil
Young off this list for some reason and I'm not sure why...?

My list:

* Tom Verlaine

* Richard Thompson

* Robert Fripp