Re: (TV) OT: Most distinctive guitar sound

These are all some great lists - can't believe I forgot McGuinn! Or Kevin
Shields!  But other great mentions like Brian May, Marc Ribot, Dick
Dale,Knopfler,Richard Lloyd -  the lists grow . You can put on your standard
guitar gods - Page, Beck, Hendrix, Clapton - these guys are gunslingers,
they play fast. What I originally intended was more tonality. Whether that
got across or not, I'm seeing some great guitarists mentioned. Someone said
Richard Thompson not that distinctive? Well it's a free country as they say.