Re: (TV) Nels Cline-ology

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Russ <russvr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah heck, your welcome. There are others on this list who are better
> acquainted with his work. I'm just finding out about him too!

The guy who's recording/mixing my album right now has done a lot of work
with Nels (playing keys live and recording).  It's pretty embarrassing
sometimes sitting around in his studio with all these photos and posters for
gigs that the guy did with Nels, and then listening to all of my own guitar
tracks solo'ed back during the mix... I'm just sitting there thinking, "This
guy must think I'm an idiot".

Usually I hang in there okay, but a few times I've recorded lead guitar at
home and brought it back into the studio... partly to save money on the
studio time, and partly out of self-consciousness...

-Rex