(TV) Reed & Cale, Verlaine & Lloyd

There's an interesting interview with John Cale in The Guardian today:

www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2009/may/12/john-cale-venice-biennale-velvet
-welsh-pavilion

Quote: '... Then Reed sacked Warhol and Cale. A new manager, says Cale,
"appealed to Lou's desire for glory". In the years since, Reed and Cale have
occasionally got back together - but from the furious way he talks, I'd say
any further reunion was unlikely.'

Reminds me of Verlaine & Lloyd. The wonder was that they cooperated so much,
to such good effect, for so long. And to think that Robert Fripp thought he
could join in. Ha!

--JoeT