RE: (TV) Reed & Cale, Verlaine & Lloyd

> From: joe.thornton@gmx.net
> To: tv@obbard.com
> Subject: (TV) Reed & Cale, Verlaine & Lloyd
> Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:08:12 +0200
>
> There's an interesting interview with John Cale in The Guardian today:

I wouldn't call it an interview, more an article about Cale with a few quotes thrown in.

> www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2009/may/12/john-cale-venice-biennale-velvet
> -welsh-pavilion
>

> Quote: '... Then Reed sacked Warhol and Cale. A new manager, says Cale,
> "appealed to Lou's desire for glory". In the years since, Reed and Cale have
> occasionally got back together - but from the furious way he talks, I'd say
> any further reunion was unlikely.'

Yet, there's no evidence of "the furious way he talks" in the article, which manages to get the instrument that Cale plays wrong in the first paragraph. Since the writer gets it right later, I'd guess that was more the fault of an editor who didn't know what he was doing.