Re: (TV) OT: "Student Must Pay $675k For Songs"

Its a lost war for the industry, maybe they will win in some but...... it4s
imposible to put gates to the heaven!!!They must put more creativity to
sell.

Here in Spain we are in worst position. We have the (Canon digital(, Its a
special tax to the all digital support (cd,dvd,usb memory,hard disk,etc) and
all kind of reproduction machine(computers,dvd,mp3 players,hi-fi
recorders,etc) to the customer buying. Zapatero4s spanish goverment treat us
like thieves without beeing able to demostrate it. It makes me feeling like
living in a comunist country, defenseless. Obviously now I feel free in my
conscience to download everything wat I want, I have already paid for it in
the hardware.

In France goverment are studyng now a law to disconect internet conexion to
homes that it will be probe that they have downloaded copyright content.

2009/8/1 BlackMonk <BlackMonk@email.msn.com>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Leo Casey" <LeoCasey@comcast.net>

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/08/01/bu_student
_fined_675000_for
>> _illegal_music_downloads/>

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/08/01/bu_student
_fined_675000_for_
>> illegal_music_downloads/
>>

>> Should I/we be worried?
>>

>> This is what the music industry will use as a threat to get thousands if
>> not millions of
>> downloaders to settle out of court.
>>

> "But Timothy M. Reynolds, one of the lawyers for the record labels,
> countered that "the defendant is a hard-core, habitual, long-term infringer
> who knew what he was doing was wrong but did it anyway.''
> Reynolds was among a team of lawyers for Sony BMG Music Entertainment,
> Warner Bros. Records Inc., Arista Records LLC, and UMG Recordings Inc. "
>
> Why isn't there an organized boycott of  Sony BMG Music Entertainment,
> Warner Bros. Records Inc., Arista Records LLC, and UMG Recordings Inc? If
> this offends people so much, then they should avoid anything on the label.
> Don't buy it. Don't  download it for free, since that would only support
> their case.

El consumo de papel es perjudicial para el medio ambiente. Por favor,
tingalo en cuenta antes de imprimir este mensaje.