Re: (TV) The Weird World of Richard Lloyd

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jesse Hochstadt <jesseh58@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks for posting the article, Andy.
>
> > Like many people with bipolar disorder, he pissed away many chances at
> success by self-medicating with drugs and alcohol.
>
> Is this the first public acknowledgment of Richard's bipolar disorder? Some
> time ago, after both hearing about and witnessing Richard's strange behavior
> on tour and after he missed the Television Central Park show, I was told by
> someone who's one-and-a-half degrees from Richard that he was almost
> certainly bipolar, but I didn't mention it to the list because it seemed
> gossipy and perhaps private.

He's calling his upcoming tour "The Bipolar Tour", so there's that.

The condition has a wide range of severity, but it can be managed.  Several
people close to me deal with it and get by very well indeed; it helps to
have a competent, highly involved and responsive doctor, and maybe even
moreso close friends or partners willing to help and be honest.  I wish
Richard the very best.

-Rex