Re: (TV) The Weird World of Richard Lloyd

Thanks for posting the article, Andy.

> Like many people with bipolar disorder, he pissed away many chances at success by self-medicating with drugs and alcohol.

Is this the first public acknowledgment of Richard's bipolar disorder? Some time ago, after both hearing about and witnessing Richard's strange behavior on tour and after he missed the Television Central Park show, I was told by someone who's one-and-a-half degrees from Richard that he was almost certainly bipolar, but I didn't mention it to the list because it seemed gossipy and perhaps private. Certainly the disorder is consistent with the amazingly self-aggrandizing statements Richard made around the time he was preparing to release Radiant Monkey, when he claimed it would compare in greatness to Axis: Bold as Love and the like.

> He now limits himself to drugs prescribed by his psychiatrist.

Sounds like they're working less than perfectly. Or maybe they don't work well when mixed with copious amounts of tobacco, "half-consumed
bottles of prescription and nonprescription medicine," and "half-consumed bottles of herbal elixirs."

- Jesse