(TV) 1986 lost album

Long time fan, but only now hearing the 1986 "lost album" in its entirety.

Why the hell would the label reject this album? Sounds damn fine to me!

Reminds me of the story Tom Petty likes to tell about when he first handed
in "Full Moon Fever". The record execs told him they didn't like it. He went
away for six months, didn't change a note, then handed it back in. "This is
great!" they said. 4 top ten hits.

I know Flashlight ended up being a  vastly different album to Vanity Fair,
but it isn't better by miles, only by a little bit.

Curious, to say the least.