(TV) DVDs

I accidentally destroyed/corrupted my Nero software (an older version); it's too long and sad a
story to go into here.

Does there exist any freeware that allows a person to burn, non-standard video file extensions
(e.g., .avi files from YouTube, .wmv, .mpg, .mov extension, etc.), onto a DVD as Nero Vision
did?  E.g., if I wanted to burn videos on T.V.'s 'Electric Duo' 2006 European tour from .avi
YouTube video files.

I don't want to pay for the software such as VSO, ConvertXToVideo, DirectX, etc..  There is a
webpage of freeware called FFmpeg (software), but it's all in high level computer programming
code.  (By the way, ConvertXtoDVD was listed on FFmpegs "Hall of Shame" indicating that it is
violating Ffmpeg's license terms.

Any suggestions?

Leo

"He did what we all do.