Re: (TV) Say it ain't so, Rich

Is it really bad that I like "Boys Of Summer"?

Billy

On 14 May 2010, at 01:28, Jesse Hochstadt <jesseh58@yahoo.com> wrote:

Many of us here are Richard Thompson fans, so I thought I'd drop this Apocalyptic tidbit: According to Richard Thompson's website, RT has played on one track for Don Henley's upcoming album (http://www.richardthompson-music.com/catch_of_the_day.asp?id=1197).

Actually, if memory serves, RT and other members of Fairport Convention jammed with (future?) members of the Eagles when they were touring in Southern California way back when, and I think RT may have been asked to join the Eagles - though he wisely turned it down. RT was also, I believe, asked to join the Band after Robbie Robertson dropped out. While he's a great admirer of the Band (and vice versa), he decided against it - partly because he prefers to be a bandleader and partly because he didn't want to play such straightforwardly "American" music.

- Jesse