Re: (TV) Say it ain't so, Rich

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM, andy fekete <andy.fekete@gmail.com> wrote:

> Although that Eagles song at the beginning of HGTTG, the instrumental with
> the psychedelic banjo, really irks the hell out me.
>
> The local NPR station has this revered radio show on Saturday night that
> blends Appalachian, Americana and No-Depression.  I listen to it every
> week,
> and it's brilliant -- except for that song, which for some reason gets
> played every few months.  Always feels like an ambush.

I have a nostalgic attachment to it since I loved that show when I was a
kid, long before I knew who the Eagles were or why I should be afraid.  I
thought it was some kind of weird BBC Radiophonic Workshop thing like the
Doctor Who theme.  And at the time I was really accustomed to banjos and
thought synthesizers were really cool.  The follies of youth...