Re: (TV) never will be another or Slow, Slower, and Slowest

Great points Rex, Murray and Andy,

Any of the older acts could do well marketing digital recordings and recording at home but I don't see a willingness on their part to do so.  They seem to be studio snobs. They are also more popular now in my opinion because new acts can't get to that level so the competition is way down.  I have no idea how new acts can even break out on their own anymore,

I guess the jist of my post was older bands feeling that the only recording option is recording expensive studio albums and speculating that Verlaine is in the same mold.

Robyn Hitchcock continues to crank out album after album whether it is from a studio (his own I believe, in his house), a cassette deck or whatever he can get his hands on, mind you he has always been this way.

Greg