Desperate Richard / RE: (TV) From Richard's Facebook wall tonight...

Philip wrote regarding Richard's latest rant:
>Huh?j

I'm with you.

Regarding the part where Richard says
"Listen to his solo stuff -- might as well be a drum  machine"

Given that Verlaine used a drum machine on only 1 of his 10 solo albums (and that was in 1984,
26 years ago!)
this sounds pretty desperate on Richard's part.
(He made a similar remark a couple of years ago in an interview about Verlaine's solo output.)

With all due respect to Richard's fans on this list (and I count myself as one ... his song
ending solo on 'Ain't That Nothin' ' alone being maybe the best rock solo of Television or any
other band) I think his comments show a mean-spiritedness and a serious inferiority complex
when it comes to Tom.

The total song writing and playing on Verlaine's 10 solo albums (I'm counting Miller's Tale) so
surpasses Richard's solo output that it makes Richard's comment laughable if it weren't so
pathetic.

Nancy wrote:
A local music store held a guitar contest  that was judged by Pat Travers, and both Tom and
Richard (?!!)  entered. Richard blew Tom away (Travers said so), but Richard smashed  his
guitar at the end of his wanking, which upset everyone ......

OK, I change my mind afterall ...... Richard IS much better guitarist than Tom (but he's also
acts out his violent tendencies and impulses more).

Leo

PS:  And if you're lurking on this List Richard, then go right ahead and bad-mouth me.  : >)
.

"He did what we all do.
He went about his dull routine
as if all the days in the world