Re: Desperate Richard/RE: (TV) From Richard's Facebook wall tonight...

Sorry for the  confusion (but it sparked an interesting discussion on
who's the better guitarist)! To clarify, the Tom I mentioned is indeed
Tom Keifer from the '80s hair-metal band Cinderella. My boyfriend who
was the better guitarist is a guy named Richard (Birch, massively
talented but went the have-a-family route instead of the poorly-paid-
musician route). The "(?!!)" was intended to express my surprise that
in addition to the Richard and Tom of Lloyd and Verlaine fame, there
was another rivalry between another Richard and Tom, namely Birch and
Keifer. You are correct that Cinderella was not a punk band; back in
1982, punks were pretty much the only ones who smashed guitars, and my
boyfriend and I were very much punk rockers. Also, "wanking" to me is
when a guitar player shows off, as one does in a guitar-playing
contest. I definitely could have been clearer about all of this.

About !!!, Chik-chik-chik makes more sense than Chiks, so I bet that's
right.

Also, good to see a post from Dennis D. I was starting to wonder if
he'd stayed in Ireland.